Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

In Loving Memory

This week has brought news of so many new "home goings".  I don't know if it is because I am so keenly aware during the dates leading up to my dad's home going or that we are just more aware the older we get.  I do not wish to get any sympathy only to possibly encourage those who are going through loss or grief.  If only to help them not feel so alone in their feelings.  Tomorrow is the 2nd anniversary of my Daddy's home going.  I still get choked up thinking about it.  It's still difficult to say "my Dad is deceased".  I wonder if there will ever be a day that I don't get sick to my stomach thinking of his last moments on this earth.   I hope so.

I know there are those who have suffered greater losses such as those of a child or a sibling taken way too soon (at least in our eyes).  My loss is that of the normal circle of life.  Nonetheless, it is still a major loss.  I will not soon forget the longest day of my life so far.  Receiving that call, not know how it happened, making arrangements and flying to Arkansas to be with my mom.  I remember sitting in the airport and feeling as thought I was frozen in time but everyone else was busily going about their business as though nothing had happened.  Didn't they know????  Didn't they care????  Well of course not but I cared and it felt as though time should stand still for a while.   

It has been a long two years trying to sell my mom's beautiful home so that we can be close to each other.  We are still in prayer that the right buyer will come along very soon.  I thank the Lord for my Dad and Mom and how blessed I am to have been born having them as my parents.  I look forward to the day we can be together again with WHOLE bodies, minds and spirits.  What a day that will be but until then.....I will praise HIM!

No comments:

Post a Comment