Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Redemption and Restoration

Wow, what a service this morning. It was a blessing to witness and be part of restoration of a "brother in Christ". I have been a part of fellowships that did not hesitate to "call out" sin or a sinner but to be part of a fellowship that properly holds a person accountable for the sin they have committed but nurtures them and walks beside them in the process of redemption and restoration is truly amazing. So many times we see one extreme or the other as far as either calling the sin or sinner out and holding them accountable or saying who am I to call that a sin or him/her a sinner. As Kevin said this morning there are very few churches that really get this process right and I am blessed to see it happen. It encourages people to expose their sin and to get the help they need to get back into a completely restored relationship with Christ and the Church. A quote I wrote down from the message this morning was "Discipline is not about punishment it's about restoration."

Here are a few great points from the message that I thought were worth repeating:

What will it take to be faithful in a faithless world?

1. Enter relationships with a tenacious commitment to faithfulness.
2. Create a safety net of accountability.
3. Hang in there in the hard times...it's just part of the deal!
4. Sacrifice and serve...even when they don't.
5. Get help when you need it (or even when you suspect you need it).

Great advice. Great message.

Accountability
Grace
Forgiveness
Rebuilding Trust
RESTORATION!

No comments:

Post a Comment