Total Pageviews

Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer 2009



Well, It's been a while since I've worked on my blog.

The boys and I took a trip at spring break to visit my parents in Arkansas. That is by far the best time of the year to visit. The weather is nice and spring has already sprung. It's still a few weeks away from real spring weather in Michigan at that time so we really enjoy the warmth. It's always good to spend time with my parents but it gets harder and harder to leave them.

Jake turned 11 in May and then he graduated from elementary school. He'll be a middle schooler next year. What ever happened to Jr. High? I think I liked it better when sixth grade was still part of elementary school.

We took another trip to Arkansas in June which held a huge blessing for us. My dad had purchased his neighbor's car for us. We have only had one car for the last year since Ray changed jobs and lost his company vehicle. It's amazing how great it feels to have that second car but it also feels good to have stuck it out for a year without a car payment or insurance payment.

I always look forward to the summer when we can sleep in and stay up late. It just goes so fast. I love everything about it except the bickering between the boys. Maybe if I'd had a sibling I would be more understanding of it but I just wish they could get along and love each other. I know they do love each other but the picking at each other constantly wears on me. I always wished for a sibling and didn't have one and they have each other and don't appreciate it. I know everyone is saying "it's normal". I just need to pray for wisdom.

This is a fun summer with the stages the boys are in. Luke of course thinks he's one of the big boys and doesn't understand why he can't do everything the big boys can do. He does keep up with them pretty well.


The last picture is of the boys picking cherries on the 4th of July. This is the second year we have done it on the 4th and we kinda like the tradition.

I took a new job just recently with a friend from college whom I reconnected with through facebook. Kim founded MercyWorks (a non profit org) in Detroit which does several things and one of the main things is bringing food to impoverished areas of Detroit through a partnership with Trader Joes. This new program I am working with her on is called Care Link. I call seniors in the Detroit area and let them know of low cost or no cost services available to them. Some of these Seniors need help but don't know where to turn to get that help. I look forward to seeing what this "ministry" will do. I also look forward to seeing where it might lead Kim and I in other ministries together. (just thinking outloud) Possibilities!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great summer and blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment